Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Back to School Shopping

It's that time of year again. The seasonal section of Target is filled with bins of markers, crayons, pencils, and highlighters; Hannah Montana and Hello Kitty notebooks fill the aisle also. Ahhh I used to love looking at it all. Being homeschooled I never needed much... maybe 2 folders that I only needed because I said I needed them for cuteness purposes. John is going back to college this fall, and I thought maybe, just maybe he would need some supplies (think really big scheming smile on my face). My dreams of filling a cart with notebooks, highlighters, pens in every color, post-its, paperclips and on and on were on the brink of coming true!! I turned to John and asked him if we could go back to school supply shopping and he said "oh, I probably only need one notebook."

.........

We HAVE one notebook sitting somewhere in our desk. So much for back to school shopping. Our kids are going to have school supplies coming out of their ears and noses someday.


Aside from that not too much is new. We've been traveling a lot, our dryer is broken, we're addicted to watching Gilmore Girls, and John and I are having a race to see who can lose 5 pounds first. Not sure what the prize for winning will be...

3 comments:

Autumn said...

i love back to school time too. and this year, both nate and i are going back to school, but alas, with us both taking only online classes, we are not really in need of supplies either. it's sad; i love all those aisles at target.

J and A said...

Amy, I miss you. A lot. A whole lot. Are you gonna be around this weekend? I guess it won't be too much fun if you are, if you don't sit and eat every single sweet during church lunch with me. I say "boo" to you trying to lose 5lbs, lol.

Oh, and I think you can splurge and buy John a folder at least for college. He might need it for his papers. Maybe not a Hello Kitty one, but what about a Pixar "Cars" one... or Diego from Dora the Explorer?! :)

Heidi said...

I LOVE Gilmore Girls...if you're ever bored, you're more than welcome to drive (all the way) to my house and watch it with me. :)